FarmSmart has always been dubbed as a family event, providing interesting and educational sessions for everyone in the family. The always-popular and fully-chaperoned Youth Program returns this year, with several new and exciting tours and speakers lined up. This year’s program should not disappoint for them!
- “Leading-edge agriculture technologies” with Greg Kitching and Steve Reynolds
- “Leadership in agriculture” with Rob Murray
- “Don’t put off until tomorrow!” with Rita Emmett, an award-winning author
FUN TOURS AROUND THE CAMPUS, NOT TO BE MISSED!
- Scavenger hunt around the campus–always a lot of fun!
- Tour of the Ontario Veterinary College (a first for our FarmSmart Youth Program!)
- Tour of the Controlled-Environment Systems Research Facility (the zero-gravity lab)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Cost: $30, includes lunch and refreshments.
- Participants are encouraged to pre-register. Click here for online registration or call the Agricultural Information Contact Centre at 1-877-424-1300. Please note: advance registration closes as at midnight Thursday, January 17, 2013.
- Walk-in registrations on the day of the event will be accepted
- Participants are asked to meet at the west doors of the Rozanski Hall foyer (signs will be posted) at 8:45 am
- Participants are asked to dress warmly as they will be moving about the campus. Coats, boots, hats and mitts may be necessary, weather depending.
- All participants must complete at Parental Permission Form. Click FarmSmart 2013-Youth Permission Form to access a downloadable copy of the form. This form must be completed for all participants under the age of 18.
FOR MORE INFORMATION